วันอาทิตย์ที่ 25 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Kaito Electronics, Inc. Voyager Trek Emergency Radio with Water-Resistant Rubberized Finish, in Green


Lovely expensive flashlight, horrible radio, There are lots of nice conveniences here: the flashlight and the hand crank charger being among my favorites--as well as the emergency cell phone charger. But the radio (it has a SW band..one of the little bonuses that landed this unit on my wish list) is just horrible. Not merely weak, but bad. Selectivity is the worst I've ever encountered. Stations you'd expect to find on any car radio do not appear one minute, then appear the next. The tuning dial is utterly useless and inaccurate. Some stronger stations 'repeat' down the dial in intervals. The tuner drifts off frequency. AM stations come in poorly. SW is too weak to tune in any stations at all. The WX frequency works well, however. Given the hand crank charger, the flashlight and the phone charger, this is a cute little novelty. But the radio is abysmal. A toy, nothing more.
Junk, Junk, Junk!!!, (What's this?) I think the headline sums it up, nicely. But I have 20 more required words, so I'll elaborate - this looks and feels like a toy. The "reception" is non-existent (and forget the SW - you might get 2 stations on a good day). The light is too dim to be useful, and the antenna broke within a few days of normal use. The Eton FR160 is a less-expensive and highly-superior alternative. Avoid this piece of garbage. You want to save money and disappointment? I'd definitely go that route - get the Eton FR160. You'll be happy you did.
Expected a bit more for the money., (What's this?) When I received the item, I noted it is sturdy. I expected a bit larger item for the money and I should have paid attention to the measurements.

The radio is not good. The sound is fuzzy and it's so small that finding a station is difficult and the dial is touchy. It has neat gadgets on it and it's really good for the weather station. For finding other stations on FM, not so good. The signal has to be very strong in order for this radio to pick it up. Hopefully your favorites are strong. I found two AM stations and can barely hear them...too much fuzz. I live in a well populated area with access to all kinds of stations. It's not like I'm in a rural area somewhere. What would happen if I tried to take this camping. I wouldn't hear a thing. I had transistor radios when I was a kid that were way cheaper and better than this.

The flashlight would be handy in a blackout even though it's not REAL strong. But $40 bucks for a flashlight is silly. I still can get the weather station nice and strong which is one reason I bought the thing. I was thinking about returning it and spending a bit more to get something that actually works well. I haven't decided.
Voyager Emergency Radio, (What's this?) Price was lowest I could find on the web. The radio is as advertised. It is neat that it works on so many different power sources.
Emergency radio, (What's this?) I purchased this for use in my emergency kit I carry in my car. With all of the severe weather lately I feel much better knowing I have access to more than just local radio stations as with other emergency radios. It is fairly well constructed and should, with appropriate care, last quite a while. The additional features of the flashlight, solar charging, and crank charging add to the overall value.
A real working emergency radio, worth of it !, I bought this radio just want to see how it is built,because I have a handful of radios from different brands. This is not , of course , the first kaito radio.

The first glimps of this radio is strong and well built, the plastic used on this radio is good and the color is true, not a painted , a real plastic, so the color is shining from material,I like it.

The reception on all bands are on the same track of the radios from kaito , clear and loud. I did not have a chance to test the battery yet, but it looks ok. The solar panel produces the juice just to power the radio well.I believe that this radio is better than other similar because of the battery compartment, it take 3 AAA batteries as well, so you can use regular battery to run the radio.

I like the flashlight, it is a good one with 5 LEDs, bright and easy to push on an off.

The USB ports are easy for al my electronic gadgets, and it works well on charging my phones, it seems the current that pumped out is not too bad, it charges the HTC and Samsung Galaxy S well.

I give it a 5 star, I do not see any other emergency radios better in features than this.

  • Comprehensive frequency coverage
  • Emergency radio/flashlight
  • Super-bright 5-LED flashlight
  • Includes USB jack for charging cell phones
  • Powered by AC adapter, batteries hand crank or solar panel

  • Comprehensive frequency coverage.Emergency radio/flashlight.Super-bright 5-LED flashlight.Includes USB jack for charging cell phones.Powered by AC adapter, batteries hand crank or solar panel. Voyager Trek Emergency Radio can be powered by AC adapter, AAA batteries (not included), hand crank and solar panel. Internal generator recharges the internal Ni-MH battery pack and powers the radio and flashlight. Includes earphones and USB jack for charging cell phones. Comprehensive frequency coverage including AM, FM, Shortwave and NOAA weather channels. Super-bright 5-LED flashlight. Water resistant rubberized finish.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น