วันอาทิตย์ที่ 22 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2555

ETON G1100 Digital World Receiver Radio Rwview of the World Receiver


Great little radio, (What's this?) This radio was purchased mainly for listening to FM radio in an office building that blocks most radio signals that get to my walkman. The antenna makes reception acceptable inside the office building, but outside or in my house the reception and sensitivity is phenomenal.
Great radio!, (What's this?) This is a great little radio. My husband had one just like it for several years and finally dropped it one too many times. He was heartbroken until we found this one. Easy to use, gets great reception, good sound.
A gem of a small radio, (What's this?) I really like this little radio. This radio is not up to the standards of somewhat larger models from Eton/Grundig, but it is very, very nice. The instruction manual is easy to read, the buttons and dials work very well. The LCD display is quite readable. I think all radios of this size should simply come with ear buds, and this one didn't. Ear buds are just too useful to not include, and the sound through ear buds (or better yet through ear phones) is actually an improvement over the good little speaker.

Sound from the speaker is OK. It's not what one should expect from a larger radio, but this speaker works fine. When mated to a random wire, a lot of shortwave comes in well. Actually, a lot of shortwave comes in fine just using the standard antenna. I've used this to listen to radio from Asia, and Europe with success. The drift on FM is slight but real. It is easily manageable.
Better than TV audio....., (What's this?) Watch the UNI Games on TV but listen to the radio commentator.... Much more interesting to have local comments...
The other reviewers were right...get the eTon 10 or eTon 100, (What's this?) This radio doesn't have the pulling-in power on Shortwave as the eTon 10 or eTon 100. Maybe wait for a sale on the eTon 10 or 100.
Great Little Radio, (What's this?) I have about 5 Grundig/Eton radios. I've been buying Grundig radios since my dad bought me my first short wave radio (Grundig Satellite) over 40 years ago. Anyway, this is a nice little radio. I like the "rubberized" finish. This radio will not slip out of your hands. It has a decent little speaker. When you plug in headphones, great stereo sound. Other Grundig radios do come with earbuds/headphones, this one does not. I like the tight tuning on the radio. Its a lot better than the tuning on the MINI 300. It DOES have 12/24 hour time format. As a previous reviewer said, with the radio off hold down the Hour button until AM/PM displays. It has an Alarm, and Sleep feature. Shortwave stations come in fine, with a little drift (which happens on most smaller SW radios). It picks up many more FM radio stations than a "normal" radio. I live in the middle of nowhere, and get great reception with all my Grundig/Eton radios.
Good value, considering its size and price. Get the e100 if you have extra $$$, I purchased this radio a couple weeks and so far I am quite pleased with it.

This is an ultra lightweight radio, only a little larger than a deck of cards. I wanted it to serve a specific purpose: provide stable radio reception to keep me entertained when I run. Every two days, I go for a one-hour jog, and despite having two iPods (Shuffle and Video), I appreciate listening to live radio when I run. Ipods are great, but unless you upload content on a daily basis, they get boring. Even if you have ten thousand songs on your iPod, they will all be old songs tomorrow!

Earlier, I purchased and tried a Sony SRF-M37, based on the glowing reviews online. I returned it the next day: terrible sound, poor reception of even the strongest stations in my city, Winnipeg (Canada).

I decided to try the Eton Grundig g1100 after trying it out at the local Source (formerly "Radio Shack"). I haven't found many reviews on this radio online, so I thought I would share my views.

Here's what I like about it:
1) It uses two AA batteries, rather than AAA batteries. This provides plenty of power for headphones, even full sized headphones like the Grado sr80's or Sennheiser HD 485. Both of these headphones, by the way, improve the sound quality immensely.
2) Reception so far has been excellent. I listen to both AM and FM, and all the stations I listen to come in crystal clear when I am running outside.
3) The rubberized coating of the radio makes it easy to grip with one hand. This is great for when you're on the go, which I think is the intended purpose of a radio of this size.
4) Large, easy to read LCD screen automatically lights up whenever any buttons are pressed, or when the tuning dial is turned.
Best shortwave value under $25, I have a fair number of low-cost shortwave radios, and this one stands out. I understand that the G1100 is the same thing (minus the stereo FM) as the Tecsun DR-920 which is what I have.

The digital frequency display is great and the dial illumination is outstanding. There are so many radios that are hard to read or unusable in low light situations; this one shines.

This radio has a tuning knob. The digital display just shows where you have tuned it.
Rwview of the World Receiver, (What's this?) This compact receiver goes with my older large one, and is more fun to use.

I was glad to find it on Amazon.
Grundig G1100, Great radio! I purchased this unit so I could listen to AM sports talk while delivering mail in the city (walking). I have NEVER lost a signal while moving. Mine was packaged with ear buds, a soft case, and even batteries!!
No issues so far.

  • Includes a digital clock readout, alarm with snooze, and a sleep function
  • Provides you with AM/FM reception, as well as 10 Shortwave bands all in one unit
  • Features analog tuning with a digital frequency, and a backlight illuminated multi-function LCD display
  • Pocket-sized world receiver radio is powerful enough to capture Shortwave signals as well

  • Includes a digital clock readout, alarm with snooze, and a sleep function.Provides you with AM/FM reception, as well as 10 Shortwave bands all in one unit.Features analog tuning with a digital frequency, and a backlight illuminated multi-function LCD display.Pocket-sized world receiver radio is powerful enough to capture Shortwave signals as well. Small enough to fit into your coat pocket, yet powerful enough to capture 10 Shortwave bands, the Grundig Eton G1100 Digital World Receiver Radio makes the perfect portable companion. The perfect all-purpose radio for home or travel, the G1100 features a digital clock readout, and an analog tuning with a digital frequency. This unit includes an alarm with a snooze function, a sleep option, and a backlight-illuminated multi-function LCD screen display. Providing both AM and FM radio, as well as Shortwave reception, this little marvel is sure to keep you connected to both local and international news and music wherever you are.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น